Victor Baptist Church
121 New Woodruff Rd.
Greer, SC 29651
PO BOX 1147
Greer, SC 29652
Or use our contact form
9:45am - Life Groups & Morning Bible Study
11:00am - Worship Builders (Children)
11:00am - Morning Worship
Sunday Evening Services & Life Institute Dicipleship Class Schedules Vary. Contact the church office for dates and times.
6:30pm - Gospel Kids!
6:30pm - Student Ministry
6:30pm - Prayer Gathering
(1st Wednesday each month)
6:30pm - Choir Rehearsal
(2nd,3rd,4th Wednesdays each month)
To help you know what to expect, let us answer some commonly asked questions.
1. Where are you located? We are located at 121 New Woodruff Rd. (Hwy 101) in Greer, SC. Victor is located approx.1 mile south of downtown Greer off Hwy 101. We can also be easily accessed from I-85 exit 60 near BMW or I-85 exit 56 Hwy 14 near Greenville/Spartanburg Airport. We are 2 miles from Hwy. 80 which leads to Hwy 14 in Greer or Wade Hampton in Lyman. See Directions.
2. What options do you offer my children? During worship services (and most special events), childcare/nursery is provided for birth through 5-year-old children. Adults who have undergone background checks and have been trained to work with preschoolers provide a caring and nurturing influence through biblical and age-appropriate teaching. Life Group is offered for children and students of all ages on Sunday morning at the same time adult classes meet - there's a class for every member of your family. We also offer “Worship Builders” Worship during the 11:00 am service for all 4 yrs-4th graders so that parents can focus on the message from the pastor. While this option is available, parents may choose to bring their children to church - it's your choice!
3. What do I wear? You can't go wrong here! Our members and guests wear anything from casual to business attire. However you're dressed, you'll fit right in.
4. What is the worship service like? Our services last a little more than an hour. Our worship style is upbeat, blended, and celebrative, and everyone participates through singing, praying, and listening to the message. The pastor's message in all services is Bible-based and will give you practical ways to apply God's Word to your life.
5. Can I serve as a volunteer? Yes, there are dozens of service opportunities both in the church and in the community. We believe every person has gifts and talents that are vital to meeting people's needs, wherever those people are! Our goal is to help you identify your personality type, special gifts, abilities, interests, and life history to discover what role you might best enjoy. Most leadership roles are for members only, but there are numerous ways guests can become involved prior to membership!
6. How do I get connected? Those desiring membership can visit with the pastor at the end of the Sunday morning services or schedule an appointment with a staff member that meets your busy schedule. If you'd like to get to know us before becoming a member, attend our Sunday morning bible study and worship services as long as you like! These will provide a place where you will meet other adults in similar life stages. Adults study the Bible together, meet one another's needs, build relationships, and serve others.
7. Are you associated with a particular denomination? Yes, we are part of the Southern Baptist Convention, a national organization of about 45,000 churches that voluntarily give financial resources so that the good news of God’s love can be shared with people around the world. Even though we are a part of the SBC, our church makes its own decisions - we do not answer to an outside agency but are directly accountable to our members. The church has also chosen to voluntarily associate with more local Baptist agencies, the Three Rivers Baptist Association (TRBA) and the South Carolina Baptist Convention (SCBC). TRBA helps us to connect to local churches to reach people in Greer. SCBC is a state agency that helps build, establish, and strengthen churches across the state of South Carolina. The SCBC is committed to spreading the good news of Jesus through special evangelism events and evangelism training. It also provides leadership training for church staff members and the members of the congregation